I came home from a firecall today to find a two point buck back by the garage. I ran inside and grabbed the 500mm lense and camera expecting to get a great picture of it. Unfortunately the batteries died just as I figured out the correct exposure. So instead of a picture of a buck, I have this Gertrude Jekyll rose, which is sort of deer related, because it didn’t get eaten. In fact our roses are finally growing and blooming so well, that I can pronounce the experiment of using Liquid Fence a success. For those of you with deer problems, you might want to try this stuff. It sure is nice to actually see some roses blooming on our bushes.
2019 Update: Liquid Fence does work, but I found that in our climate where it rains all the time, you have to keep reapplying it. A real deer fence works much better.