This morning we introduced our cats to the new bunny, who has been named Sophie. Fortunately they don’t view Sophie as a cat, so they didn’t feel the need to hiss at her. Also they don’t view Sophie as food, so they didn’t feel the need to kill her. They really aren’t sure what to make of her, but they seem to be more scared of her than she is of them. Kind of amazing seeing that they are about 5 times bigger than her.
Also today I started hanging some of the antique lights we bought. The first one went up in a jiffy and replaced the worst fixture in the house, the light over the stove. The next one turned into a typical old house project, meaning it mushroomed out of control. When I removed the old fixture, I saw that there wasn’t a junction box installed. So I thought I would install one. Then I found that the ceiling isn’t sheetrock, it is plywood installed over the redwood sheething found throughout the house. This made cutting the hole a lot harder. But there were other problems so I took a look in the attic and started tracing the wire, and found I need to redo some of the wiring since the previous owner followed the procedures laid out in the Mickey Mouse School of Electrical Engineering. I had Lori check the local hardware store for a 4″ hole saw and they didn’t have one so the project came to a halt. So instead I moved on to drawing plans for the new garage.