Today Lori and I started in on woodgraining the office woodwork. This was one of those rare painting projects that I enjoyed her help. Not only did it add variety having two different people painting, we also learned tricks from each other as we experimented. Most of the experimentation worked, with only a few boards that we’re not totally happy with. We’re not unhappy enough with any of them though to paint over them and try again. Most of the woodwork will be hidden behind curtains and furniture anyways. In the photo, I grained the plith block (the bottom of the vertical molding) and Lori did a really nice job on this baseboard. It’ll all look even better with a couple of coats of varnish.