Last fall we dug up and transplanted some iris and dianellas and moved them into this spot near the driveway. Then winter came and the weeds invaded like crazy, and by the time it got to weather where we could go out in the garden, these plants had entirely disappeared under a thick mat of horsetails and other weeds. It was so hopeless I didn’t even think about tackling them, instead concentrating on other projects around the garden. One day after work I came home to find Lori weeding this section, so I joined in. For a week, we tackled it every evening after work and spent hours on it the next weekend. Finally we had reclaimed the entire patch. So rather than losing it again to nature, we took Melody’s advice, and covered the area with newspaper, and then with shredded bark. A week later it’s still looking pretty good, which given the tenacity of the horsetails, is pretty amazing.