This morning while on my way out to the mailbox, I noticed that the rosebed in front needed some weeding again. While doing that I noticed a number of snails and slugs hiding in the iris that are planted in between the roses. Those snails and slugs were thrown out in the street to meet their death under the passing trucks. But then I noticed a number of snails also attached to the house so I went around it a pulled off the ones I could reach. Halfway around the house I came across an aluminum pan which I used to squash one partilcularly large slug specimen. After that, I collected everything else I found on the other half of the house, and this panfull is what I ended up with. Yech! No wonder our house looks like it needs a date with a powerwasher!