Construction on my long delayed garage remodel is finally supposed to start this week. That meant I had to clean up the wood pile that had been building in the area in front of it. Took me the whole weekend, but I got a fair amount of it cut for firewood, and the rest got stacked elsewhere where it will be out of the way of the new construction. It appears that the pile was a major amphibian refuge, as I found numerous frogs and salamanders hiding out underneath it. Artie found the discoveries very entertaining, but after his experience with the lizard, I felt obligated to rescue each and every one and find them a safe home somewhere else in the yard. There was also one mouse to be discovered under the pile, but Artie was preoccupied with a salamander at the time and didn’t even notice it.